Thursday, July 27, 2006

Beach Bits





We attended the Beach Boys concert at Chastain last night. What started as a really fun night ended short due to Cooper being sick. Unfortunately you can't plan illness, so we watched as long as possible and headed back home.
It was a really nice night to be at a concert. We had really good lawn seats, first row, so we were able to see everything. The crowd watching was great, there were so many Hawaiian shirts and colorful people.
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra played first. They were wonderful, Suzy and Elise were very interested in some fellow who played first violin. Right at intermission, I got the call to come home. We drug it out for a bit so we could at least see a few songs. To be honest, the guy dancing in front of me was worth the admission alone! He held up the stereotype that white guys can't dance. I don't think I've laughed so much in my entire life.
The Beach boys sounded GREAT, again I wish we could have had the whole experience but a little is better than nothing.
Suzy and Elise were really nice about leaving the concert early. I know it broke their hearts to have to leave only a quarter of the way in, but they took it like the troopers they are. When General Fussypants gets well again, I want to take the girls to go see the Bodies exhibit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»