Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Updates..

It's been 3 weeks since the Lenten season started.
3 weeks without Coca-Colas, Cheese, and Chocolate.

I have to admit I feel better. My pants are much looser (but that may also be a direct effect of our flu episode). I've had a hard time with goals lately. I'm great at setting them, but my follow through hasn't been all that tremendous. Just 3 more weeks though! I'm pretty confident I can do this one. Suzy is also doing a super job of not eating chocolate, her friends think it is fun to tempt her all the time. I can't say that same for Cooper, he has had chocolate on the mind. He runs around the house as soon as we get home every evening shouting "candy corn! candy corn". This deciphered, means " I want chocolate now!!!" I cannot even imagine what kind of chocolate high this kid is going to be on Easter morning.

Commuting 45 minutes to work every morning gives you time to think. I was thinking this morning, if I could stay away from things that start with the letter "C", maybe we would have a much healthier diet. Think about it with me... Crackers... Cookies....Chocolate...Cream Cheese...Cinnamon rolls...Candy. Of course, there are exceptions like carrots and cantaloupe, but it seems to make pretty good sense.

I vowed at 12:01 AM on Jan 1, that 2008 would be the year of the McEver. It's been a slow start and life keeps getting us sidetracked from doing truly exceptional things. It's only February though, and I have 10 more months to make this year quite memorable. With that in mind I think I found a mission statement for the year. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “Do one thing every day that scares you". I'm going to start doing that. No crazy stuff like jumping in a pit of rattlesnakes, but small things I feel uncomfortable with. Maybe that person I feel uneasy around is actually has a great story to tell, or perhaps I'll join something at church that I feel totally intimidated about. You get the picture.

Oh yeah and I promise more pictures up here soon.

PS...Does anyone want to plan a beach trip this summer? Suzy and I really need a break :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beach sounds good to me. I'll save some money from my nshss job for the trip.

AML, The Old Man

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, let's do it

Anonymous said...

COUNT ME, BOOZER AND MOLLY IN. I AM SURE THAT YOUR DAD WILL WANT TO COME BRING THE WEINERS.