Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I wanna be a Producer....


After watching the movie musical at least half a million times, Suzy and I finally got to see the stage production of The Producers. (Suzy's Christmas gift)
We had so much fun, I don't think there is anything close to seeing a musical performed live. The show simply took a life of it's own. We were worried that the stage show would not live up to the movie but we worried for no reason. The lead actors owned the roles of Leo and Max and their vocal talent was unmatched. I won't bore you with the details because I don't think many folks have seen the show, but the phyiscal comedy and the scene with the piegons were my most favorite parts. I think Suzy really ejoyed Carmen Ghia's performance.
I hate that we missed seeing the show on broadway but it closed last spring. I am so happy they have kept it going on a off-broadway tour. It is also still playing in Vegas. Trip anyone?

No comments: