Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cooper and Fancy Toes

I promised myself I'd start writing down all the cute things Cooper does so I can remember them/ embarrass him later on.

The other night while Coops was playing in his bath, I thought I would do a little bit of multitasking and paint my toes. Of course the moment I opened the bottle and started painting, all of his attention was on me.

"whatchadoin?" .... "what's that?"...."do Hooper's toes!"...."Mommy, do Hooper's toes!!!"

I tried to explain to him that only girls had fancy toes. Little boys played football and little girls made their toes pretty. After examining my toes and the bottle of nail polish (which I purposely placed up on a very high on the shelf), he moved on to trying to disassemble the binoculars.

A day later, I was upstairs folding and putting away our clothes. I suddenly realized he was not in the room anymore and it was very quiet. Note to all: when Cooper is out of view and you can't hear him talking or singing, Chaos must be happening some where close by!!

Well, I found Mr. Cooper in Suzy's bathroom. Cooper and his Fancy Toes and a bottle of Suzy's nail polish. I wanted to be upset with him for getting into something I told him not to touch but when he is beaming ear to ear and saying......."Look Mommy...Fancy Toes!" , you just gotta laugh at the situation. We had a lovely shade of plum all over his feet and toes, the bathroom rug and on the cabinet. Thank goodness I caught him fairly early and most of the globs of polish wiped right off.

I wish I would have gotten some photos of the event, but it was a race against time to get the polish wiped up before it had time to set. Cooper has not asked for Fancy toes since, but I'm sure there is another fun little adventure right around the corner

No comments: