Tuesday, November 06, 2007

US Half Marathon 2007

6:30 AM The Start
Suzy wasn't quite as nervous as I was. In fact I think she was ready to go. Unfortunately, she forgot both her timing chip and watch so was totally unaware of how long she had been running. I think that might have been to her advantage in the long run. I decided to go without my ipod, it was rough but much more fun to be able to talk to the people around you.


Not sure who this guy is, but he sures seems to be enjoying his bagel



Ready to go 13.1 miles!


We ran way over there!


Suzy post race. She did the half marathon in 2:30 and looks ready to do another half!




So freaking happy to be finished. Just under 3 hours.

The race was awesome. It's taken a couple of days to be really excited about what we did. We came off practically no training ( we had only run 5 miles previously) and finished the half- marathon. The weather was amazing and the views off the Golden Gate bridge were simply breathtaking. We ran through the Presidio, across the Golden Gate and then back to Fisherman's Wharf. I met quite few inspiring people along the way and was amazed at how fast the race walkers actually walk. (A few left me in the dust). After the soreness and achey feet heal I know this is one race I'll never forget. Suzy is all ready to tackle a marathon, and I want to do one before I'm 40, so next stop 26.2 miles.

No comments: