Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Eve at the Farmers

The annual Christmas Eve oyster stew dinner was held for the first time at Brad's house this year. I thought it was going to be really strange with Grandma's funeral being only a few days before but we ended up having a wonderful time in Dalton. Shana and Brad were both wonderful hosts and Brad's pork roast and grilled mackerel was amazing. Danny locked his keys in the truck so added to the excitement of the evening. Throughout the dinner I felt Grandma looking down on us enjoying a tradition that has been carried on since her mother (my great grandmother) started it many years ago.

Bryce and Coops playing before dinner

Sara Kate can't wait to open presents


Suzy showing off her artistic skills to us all. Though no one could quite draw Holly right.





Dad making his famous sauce
Oh my goodness, the kids were excited


Fried oysters anyone?




Suzy and Coops at the kid's table











Dad and Mom



Opening gifts, isn't Suzy's hat the best?















Dad, Mom and the grandchildren


The Farmers and a few McEvers thrown in.
After dinner, we opened gifts. I am still not .sure what Brad liked more, the Wii or the ceramic worm I got him. Ok seriously, his eyes were like saucers when he saw the Wii. Mom was quite sneaky this year and surprised me with a Garmin Navigator. She had been calling me the last few weeks under the guise of getting one for herself. When we were opening gifts, at first I thought I had opened hers by mistake and started trying to rewrap it. She finally let on that it was for me. Very sly mom! I love my Garmin, Suzy and I have been having a ball playing with it.









No comments: